Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Happy Birthday Michael!


Well, Michael celebrated his 11th birthday on the 31st of January. I can hardly believe my oldest child is 11.


We invited our Anderson Grandparents and the Whaleys to a picnic at the Riperian Preserve--no spots were available! Then we all traveled to Freestone Park--again no spots available--so we headed to Spectrum Park--you guessed it: no spots available! So, we checked the little park by Lisa's house and BINGO--it was empty!


We had a nice little picnic with sub sandwiches, sun chips, and a lemon cake that Michael made. It was great! The kids climbed, ran and played and both Michael and Jacob got celebrated by the Anderson Clan.


I love you Michael!

9 comments:

Jann said...

Isn't it strange to have your children getting close to the teenage years? I still can't believe I have 3 teenagers. My oldest will take her drivers permit test at the end of this month.

It sounds like Michael had a fun birthday. How great that his grandparents can be so close by. We miss that.

Rachel said...

Are all of your boys birthdays so close? You are one busy lady lately!
Michael is so cute. He looks so much like you that I smile each time I see pictures of him! Glad it turned out alright and you found a place to party!
Sounds like it was the perfect day!

Shayla Taylor said...

We have three January birthdays: the 7, 27, 31 and one May birthday. CRAZY! :)

Kristine said...

Our birthdays are mostly summer birthdays...we're so sick of cake by the middle of August that it's not funny. Congratulations on your new little one and your family that is growing up!

Leslie said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Michael! It sounds like you had a great time at your party. Best wishes for a great year. Love you lots!

gena said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! How exciting is your life. I am just so proud of you and your sweet family. I was so excited to find your blog and see how big and handsome your boys are. I miss you!!!!

Shayla Taylor said...

Gena? Holy Cow--it has been so long since I have talked with you. I tried to find your blog and can't. Here is my email--email me! shayla@shaytay.com.

lilivand said...

We had such a nice time - sure love that boy and loved his darling cake!

Bren's Life said...

I hope he had a Great Birthday! I can't believe there were no spots available anywhere. Crazy park day!