

Well, on Tuesday night, the night of our CRAZY storm that some are calling a microburst, Jacob came to me and said that he found where the weird noise in his and Michael's room was coming from. I did not know there was a noise so I was very interested to see what he was talking about. It ended up being a medium sized bubble in the ceiling with a line of water dripping from it. I stood on the couch and punctured the bubble with a power ranger gun. It kept leaking into the little white bucket you see in one of these pictures.
Wednesday was a half day and the boys stayed home to catch up on some sleep they missed due to the water in the room dripping. Chris worked from home so he could call in some help. I went to school and then to my professional development. When I got home I was quite suprised.
I guess that Chris figured out that this was an air conditioning leak and not a storm leak so he had the air conditioning people come out. The ceiling fell just after Chris showed the man where the drip was occuring. We are so grateful that no one was hurt!
Chris insisited that I stay away from the mess in case any of it could hurt the baby and he and one of the nice men cleaned it all up. The next day more of the ceiling collapsed.
The whole ceiling has been ripped down now and the focus is on drying out the area. The carpet has been removed. The boys are in the process of being relocated back into a bedroom--they are so sad to say goodbye to their loft-bedroom.
All is well. No one is hurt, and there are people in place who are helping us get our house back how it needs to be.
10 comments:
What happened? This is awful.
Oh my goodness! What happened?
I went back and wrote down what happpened. :)
Oh man, this is horrible. I am glad no one was hurt.
I hope you make them pay for it!
Holy Moly! Tyler was talking about it after church Sunday. But I didn't know the extent of it.. Wow. Do you need help? What can I do to help you?
OMG! Someone was definately watching over your family! That could have been such tragic thing! I am so glad that you are all ok. The first picture I saw I went oh no she had a fire. Our ceiling looked like that a little from the fireman after our fire. I hope that it all gets repaired and finished soon! We must get together soon! Hope you are feeling well and school is going good! Love ya!
Chris, you gotta stop using the garden hose in the bedrooms! hang in there. let me know if you need any help...
What an awful way to get new new carpet! Love you!
Oh NO! I'm so sorry. Is everything fixed up now? Do you need any help?? Sheesh, when it rains...it POURS! (sorry, couldn't resist the pun!)
Post a Comment