Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I hope the three men in my life had a great day! I am blessed to have my dad, my father-in-law, and Chris to celebrate today.


I will start wth my first love--my dad
My Dad: Al Anderson

I have always felt a special love and bond with my Dad. He is amazing. He is the embodiment of courage and strength. My dad lives his life fully and enjoys it.
He is . . .
a retired pharmacist who is the first person I call when I have a medical wonder
my first date, and a killer stick rodeo barrel racer and croquet player
goofy at times
a beach bum
the person who made me love valentine's day
compassionate--but not one who will accept excuses
wonderful with my boys
my hero.

(My Dad with Jacob Albert)




My Father-in-Law: Larry Taylor
Larry has always been kind and loving to me. I have never felt less than a daughter to him. I was a waitress at TC Luigi's while in college and met Larry and Millie before I met Chris. I loved them! Larry would put his soda cup on his head to get my attention if I forgot to refil his drink quickly enough. Larry is a baseball grandpa. He, Chris and the boys frequent Coronado Field on Saturdays to play some ball. I appreciate him so much.


My Hoobee: Chris Taylor

It was my lucky day when I married Chris. What a blessing he is in my life. Chris is the ultimate father. The boys adore him. He is their hero and they want to be like him when they are dads. Chris always helped me with the babies. He has pulled all nighters as much as me with crying babies. He never acted like this was something he shouldn't do. He is completely hands-on and a pro at changing diapers and fixing sippy cups--soon bottles again. :) Chris is so happy that we are going to have another baby. He makes me smile. He loves that I am a bit fiesty and doesn't get too mad when I leave the gas tank empty for him to go to the station. He wore his pop boutineer (I know I masacred that spelling) with pride today and loved the simplified hymn book we gave him for his gift--oh yeah, and the guitar tie.

Chris is taking piano lessons and he is a prodigy!




7 comments:

Jann said...

What a very nice tribute to the father's in your life. Congrats on expecting a baby. Do you know if you are having another boy, or a girl?

Shayla Taylor said...

We don't know yet. I will keep you posted when we do know, though. :)

Andrea said...

Wow Shayla twice in a month! I can't believe it. I know 2 of the 3 men in your life and I agree with you, they are pretty great. I am sure your Dad is wonderful too, you came from him did't you?

The Bryce Family said...

What a great Father's Day post! Congrats on the baby!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Girls are really fun, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

WesDevil said...

Gotta love them Taylor boys... I don't see the little ones often but I know the 3 big guys in your life Shay and I must say, they are good guys! (Especially the guy with the same BDay as ME!!! hehehe)

Bren's Life said...

Shayla I am so proud of you. Twice in 1 month.. Woo hoo. You do have Great men in your life.. And what a nice tribute...

Jen Shumway said...

I didn't know he took piano lessons. Hope he enjoys it. Are you having fun hope so!