Saturday, November 03, 2007

I've been tagged!

Lisa tagged me so, this is what I am supposed to do. I need to give you 6 facts about myself and then tag more people. So, here it goes.

#1. I really like my cat. I got this cat named Samara during a really difficult time in my life. There were so many things weighing on my mind and when I saw Samara in Petsmart I fell in love. She is a tortoise shell and she has a clouded eye. I am sure that is why she was still there when my little family went in. This is a bit strange for me because I was always more of a dog girl.

#2. I am blessed to have Chris in my life. Chris is my greatest supporter and teacher. He is able to calm my anxiety with a look and a touch. Chris is also the most amazing dad. He is the hero to my boys and they know he expects much and he gives much love. I also love that he is creating music with his band. They are working on a Christmas album right now--it is awesome.

#3. I am a terrible homemaker. I hate to cook, clean, and be at home. I like to journey around the city, drive to new places, and meet new people. I am trying to change this about me, but haven't so far. My kids love driving and adventuring from their early months. They also enjoy their down time; Chris is better at offering this to them than I am.

#4. My Three Sons. . . so amazing and different. Michael my oldest who has taught me so much, reminds me of beauty, honest and loyal. Jacob my middle child who is vibrant and full of life, loves to get his back scratched, and completely sensitive and kind. Benjamin my baby who has breathed a refreshing life into our family, smiles and gives "huggles", and has become my first official climber. How blessed I am.

#5. My parents are the people I admire most. My mom for her nurturing and loving touch. She is always able to calm and soothe. Wherever she is, it is home. She is our security and our beloved mother. I love her more than my luggage. My father, image of courage and stability. He always works hard and keeps his life active and enjoyable. He has consistently shown us his gentle strength as he has cared for and loved our mom, remembered Lisa and me each Valentine's Day, and remained humble although he is made up of greatness. My greatest gift in life has been my family pre and post Chris!

#6. I am an extremist. I do 120% of what I want to do and then I avoid what I don't want to do. I also have a very hard time dividing my attention. This makes it difficult to be a working mom, daughter, sister, and friend. I am banking on the fact that the people in my life know I love them and that I am only partly available right now. That sounds pathetic! I am TRYING TO CHANGE!!!

I tag Mindy, Leslie, Mom, Chris, Sam,Jen

4 comments:

lilivand said...

Yippee! She's back, she's back! I check often to see what fun things I can learn from you. I love the 6 things you chose to share. You are a much better homemaker than you think though!

I know how insanely busy you - how about delight us 1 time weekly with an update? Is this a reasonable goal? We miss you!

Mindy said...

hey shay, good to see you posted and loved it by the way. i know you are trying to change but hey, aren't we all. let's just be grateful for each other. i will post my tag soon.

kh said...

What a wonderful 6 things! I loved reading them and learning more about you! Do not feel bad about any of it (like thinking you are a bad homemaker) you have many strengths (like, oh, BEING AMAZING!)

Bren's Life said...

I love your blog Shayla. It's so creative & cute... You just need to blog more...