Sunday, September 09, 2007

Oh, that's what you do?

As you know I recently hired Kristen to pretty up my blog. I love it and would do it again in a second, by the way. So, I asked Chris to get me a check but did not tell him what it was for. I just said, "Hey Chris, I need a check for $25.00 because I owe my friend Kristen Hansen some money." Chris was happy to oblige and found the check book, wrote out the check, and even got me an envelope with a stamp on it. This was on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, school has been crazy busy this week with progress reports coming out so I have had early mornings and late nights, so I found the envelope in my purse this morning. We were heading to Target to get a few things so I had Chris swing by the post office.

I hand him the envelope and he looks at it. "So, what do you owe your friend money for anyway?" Chris says as he drops it into the bright blue postal box.

"She prettied up my blog."

Chris just looked at me with his mouth open for a full 7 seconds. Then he shakes his head and says, "Why would you hire someone to do something for you that I do every day?"

"Oh," (aside: ooops! I had no idea) "That's what you do?"

Hehehehe. Is that an example of irony?

9 comments:

lilivand said...

This is the funniest thing I have heard all week! Although I KNOW Chris would have done a wonderful job I don't know if it would have been as beautiful as what Kristin did. Money well spent!

Chris said...

great, now i got a sister in law busting my chops too. wonderfull. Might be time to start ranching alpacas

Mindy said...

ha ha
i can just picture chris with his mouth open and i am sure he shook his head after he dropped the check in the mail. chris we love love love you. want to pretty up my blog?

Rachel said...

That is Hilarious! I miss you and your sense of humor shay! I love what you did with your blog. I need to freshen mine up a bit too. I was so excited to see you posted too! I hope school is going well with you and that you are liking it. We need to get together and scrap!

Shayla Taylor said...

Hehehe. Mindy, that is exactly what he looked like--you know him so well with the shake of the head. I agree that this was well worth the money. Now I just need to figure out how to put the link with her pretty logo on the page. As far a a scrap night goes, I think I will be up for hosting a scrap and stamp night in October or November. --Did you see that Lisa, stamp--not just scrap! Rachel, SanFran school shopping sounds awesome! I love and miss you all. I am on the brink of enjoying civilization outside of a school building again! :)

kh said...

HA HA HA! Shayla! Is Chris a graphic designer? How cool. Seriously, when do the wives actually really know what their husbands do. Ask me what Mike does and all I can answer is, "He travels and fixes machines." He'd be so disappointed with that answer! You are soooo funny! Now are you sure he doesn't photograph as well? Hee hee.

Are you a school teacher? I did not know this! You are a BUSY woman!

lilivand said...

Chris - I said BEAUTIFUL not COOL. I know yours would have been totally cool!

Shayla Taylor said...

Lisa, thanks for clearing that up with Chris. He has been whining for days. Kristen, he is a "programmer", so he wouldn't have made it as pretty! He is not graphically gifted. He has come around and declared that it is worth $25.00 and is happy that I did not bug him. He knows I wouldn't have paid him. hehehehhe
Kristen, I am a school teacher. I went back to teaching this year. It is crazy busy and I really miss my baby! It is fun, though to see my other boys at school and hug them up there.

Rachel said...

Shayla,
I have no idea if you will even see this. I just wanted you to tell Lisa I am sad that she put her blog to private. I loved reading her blog...she is quite the writer and mother! Tell her it was great while it lasted! Hope school is going alright with you!