June brings lots of things to the calendar. This week I am working each morning on curriculum mapping for the district. I am working with a great teacher and our creative juices are meshing into awesome things. Just got the kids a little blow up swimming pool. Ben can hardly stand waiting for me to set it all up. Unfortunately, the boys reported that he was naughty to Emily, so he is in quiet time now and will have to wait a bit before enjoying the fun in the sun.
Just finished moving my craft and teaching stuff out of the room I have been claiming, and gave the room to Jake. He is thrilled. I think my new space out in the loft should work really well for me. Even with it all in a room, Ben still got into everything. We'll see how this goes. Michael and Chris are headed to Greenspeak next week for encampment. I think it is fun that he will go camping close to where I always went as a young woman. He will even be roughing it like we did with tents and everything. Imagine that!
Trying to finish up my class through rio salado and get things squared away here so we can head home for most of June. Today I passed a solitary alfalfa field and got really homesick. I think it will soon be gone and a temple will replace it. In my book, a nice alfalfa field is up there in peace, and hope--maybe the next best thing to God's house. Maybe it's like god's backyard? Those pretty purple flowers on long green stems waving hello and inviting me over for a hug. . .
It has almost been a year since I said goodbye, and it hasn't gotten any easier. I welcome the things like johndeere green and dirt that smells like the summer rain is about to visit soon. Christopher who walks a little bull legged like he did. I am so glad that I have these pieces in time to hold onto.
Wednesday, June 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that you still say "head home". (I am assuming you mean SJ).
The truth is, I can hardly stand to go on vacation for too long because I miss "home" as well. Ryan always has big plans that we will try out some other places (Alaska) when the kids move on...that just makes my heart hurt even thinking about it.
I am so jealous shay that you get to go home for a whole month! I hope to get my house finished there and do that all the time! I went up for memorial and had the most relaxing best time ever! Even stopped and took a picture of my kids in the fields there. Can't wait to see you. Hopefully we can go see brad before you leave sometime! Love ya!
Love the post. We had such a great time at the Ranch over Memorial Day. I remember going with Dad and Brad a few years ago to feed the cows. Brad and I hiked near a stream bed on the mesa and found petrified wood. We did that last weekend and I thought of Dad and wished I had gone to the ranch with him more. He loved it there so much. Zac found 2 BIG pieces of petrified wood. I know you will have a great time! LOVE YOU!
I just love ya my friend. Thank you for your sweet comments & your friendship. Thanks for the DP too....
You are such a good writer. I love how you are able to put feelings down. I will miss you & hope you have fun back home..
I can't wait to hear all the fun Josh & Michael had.
Post a Comment