Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome Christopher




Well, I went to the hospital on Wednesday the 7th and had a very different experience bringing Christopher into our family. He was born via c-section and I went to the operating room at 9:00 am. He arrived at 9:06 am. I left the operating room at 9:32 am. Wow! Can you believe it? I almost joked with my doctor to make sure no one was eating Jr. Mints--Those of you who watch Seinfield know what I mean--but thought better of it as he is not really the joking type.



My parents were there to see me before the surgery and they waited in the waiting room until they could come to my room and see me and meet Christopher.



I know that you may be wondering about the name Christopher. It was not even in the running until neither of us were sold on the other two names we liked, so we followed my dad's advice and we came up with a new list. I do think it is a nice name and I do kinda like the person who he's named after, so it was a go with me.



I stayed in the hospital for three nights and was ready to come home when discharged on Saturday. I would like to say that Banner Gateway is a wonderful hospital. It felt a lot like being at a nice hotel--except for the pain.

6 comments:

Cherai said...

Congrats Shayla. He is a cutey. I hope you are enjoying your time home. We miss you at school though. Now update this blog won't ya?

Jenna said...

YAY Shayla - Congrats on little Christopher! Thanks for posting a picture of your new little man. He is so sweet. I hope you are feeling good!

Bren's Life said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience... Hope room service was good too!
Let me know what I can do for you.

Jann said...

Congratulations on little Christopher. He is so cute. I hope you are recovering well. Wow, four boys. Well, what can I say, my first four are girls.

lilivand said...

Precious baby. I can hardly believe how little he is; none of mine were ever that small. We are excited to have him and hope to get rid of colds and coughs so we can snuggle up to him again.

Shawna K said...

Oh, what a sweet little guy. Congrats!