Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Michael is a Champion

Well, I have been looking for my camera cord so I can get a picture of Michael for this post but can't find it so I am going to post text only.

Michael participated in the Arizona State Special Olympics Games the weekend of October 17th. He swam in the 25 m freestyle. At the Regional Meet, he won a Silver Medal. At the State Meet he won a Bronze. We are so proud of our swimmer!

If you have not experienced the Special Olympics, I must tell you it is an awe-inspiring event. The kids are amazing and the volunteers go out of their way to make the event a success. The boys played nerf football in the parking lot with other kids, shot baskets and played foosball in the game arena, and we all interacted with friends we are growing to love and value. It has been especially nice to share this experience with our sweet friend, Cindy. We met Cindy when she began working at Avnet with Chris. She introduced us to a whole new sporting world that fosters not only Michael, but all of us. We are blessed.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Way to go Michael! That is so cool and thrilling as a parent! Maybe he will be the next Michael Phelps! Can't wait to see the pictures!

lilivand said...

We loved the meet we went to! It is so wonderful he earned a bronze at the finals. Wish we could have been there!

Jann said...

Congratulations Michael! That is awesome.

Leslie said...

Congratulations, Michael, on your medal! We are so proud of you and wish you continued success in your swimming endeavors! Love you!

Andrea said...

Congratulations Michael! That is wonderful that he was able to participate in that, let alone win a medal! Way to go!

Cindy said...

That is awesome. Way to go, Michael! Hey--I have 3 different emails for you--I want to invite you to my blog--which one do I use?

Bren's Life said...

Alright Michael! Way to go. We are so proud of you.

Aussie Sue said...

Good job Michael!! Awesome!

WesDevil said...

Michael, that's awesome! you are offically a better swimmer than your "uncle" Wes!!!
Way to go buddy!