Well, this week has been family week for our stake. Here is a synopsis:
Sunday, October 19, 2008
We invited our Anderson and Taylor parents over for dinner. We were going to make taco salad, but Millie had a roast she was ready to cook, so she brought dinner and my mom brough dessert. Wasn't that nice of us to invite our parents over to feed us? We had fun and it was yummy!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Jacob and Chris made dinner by grilling hot dogs an brauts on the grill. Millie and Samantha came over and brought potato salad. I conked out and Chris and the two older boys worked on scouts for a couple of hours.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
We made Taco Salad. After dinner we went on a walk and delivered some cookies to our friends the Straubs.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I had to go to a class for school--which turned out to be a ton of fun. When I got home Chris was making Hawaiian Haystacks, Michael was emptying the dishwasher, Jacob was helping entertain Ben, and I chopped up the veggies for garnish. We had a fun time.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
I took my boys to the basketball and softball games at the school. It was fun to be with the boys and to watch my school kids play ball. Chris joined us after he got off of work and they all helped me set up my classroom for the following day after the game. Wasn't that nice? When we got home we ate leftovers and then Michael and Jacob presented us a concert using their recorders. They did a great job!
Friday, October 24, 2008
We had to split up tonight. The boys had a boys' night while I went to the Gilbert Excellence Awards. My friend, Julie got Higley's educator of the year for 2007-2008. She is an amazing woman and was a huge support to me last year as I had much difficulty adjusting to sixth graders and working with a toddler. Coronado also won an award for the Coyote Garden--an area in the school grounds where each student helped plant and beautify last year. It was a lot of fun!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Chris signed up for the chili contest at our ward's trunk or treat party. He chose to make a chicken and white bean chili. It turned out really good. It had a pretty good kick to it after a few seconds and the flavors seemed to mix really well together. He is such a good cook! Plus he seems to enjoy it.
We went to the trunk or treat and the boys had a ball. Jacob was a Storm Trooper, Ben was Buzz Lightyear, and Michael was a Syth Lord. Chris wore his crazy pirate hair and I wore my baseball cap--I was going for the soccer mom look. We had a really great night!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Ben ended up getting something that is making him feel terrible. He is really congested and he is coughing some. He was up until about 3 am this morning. Chris brought him downstairs so he could sleep on the couch and Ben slept from about 3-5am. I stayed home from church with him and held him most of the day. Chris took Michael and Jacob to church where they participated in the Primary Program. According to my three guys, it was a hit!
We decided that Ben needs to be home tomorrow so he doesn't get any other kids sick and so that he can just snuggle up with mama, so Jacob and I ran to the school to get my classroom ready for tomorrow's sub. Deserted schools are SO CREEPY! The only thing worse is an empty church because it is darker. At least the school has reserve lights. Well, Jacob and I were freaked out and kept calling Chris--especially when we were walking through the hallway to the copy machines. Then Jacob saw this monkey thing and pushed it. It started making this horrible noise that I was not expecting so I freaked out! Then we were both even more afraid so we called Chris again and kept him on the line. I was finishing up when we heard a knock on my classroom door. WOW! Now I was about to wet my pants. I grabbed the phone from Jake and told Chris that someone was at my door as I walked toward the door. I was happy to see four friendly faces that had seen my car and came to check on me. What a pleasant suprise! I hugged Susan D, Chris O, Savannah D, and Madisson D and was so happy to see them. Jacob was relieved too. They didn't even laugh at me for being so wimpy!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a wonderful family week you have. I hope Ben gets feeling better soon. Have a fabulous week. Miss you!
It sounds like a very busy week.
Empty churches are creepy. I would have acted the same.
I just love it when you write. You have a way of making me feel like I was right there with you! I wiah I could have snuggled up with Ben and rocked him. I'm looking forward to having another one to rock in the near furure. Watch out Millie! Remember when I am down there it is my turn!
You didn't mention it, but we are so proud of Michael and his medal. Way to go Michael. Love, Maga Grandma A.)
I am so glad you had such wonderful family time. Everyone should do that!
I'm glad you had a fun week. I hope Ben is feeling better now. It's funny now that your spooky time is over at the school. But I know that feeling of getting spooked at everything & it is so scary. I'm glad your safe & that Susan & the kids stopped by to help..
Have a Great week!
Post a Comment